If you are registering for the current school year, please ensure you are filling out the form for the correct year. We often have registration for the current year running at the same time as registration for the upcoming school year. If you fill out the form for the incorrect year, you will be asked to log back in and fill out the correct form.
- If you are new to Northern Lights (no other children currently enrolled in our schools), please register using School Engage.
- We recommend using a computer (desktop or laptop) to complete forms in School Engage. Forms can also be completed on a tablet, but are not mobile friendly and we do not recommend using a smartphone to complete forms.
- Detailed instructions for registering through School Engage are included in our School Engage Parent Registration User Guide.
- If you already have other children enrolled in a Northern Lights school, you can register your new kindergarten student by logging into your PowerSchool Parent Portal account and clicking on School Engage in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
- You will need to access the Parent Portal using a computer (desktop or laptop) in order to access registration forms. You will not be able to access the forms using the Parent Portal app.
- Detailed instructions are included in our Parent Registration Guide for Existing Parents.
Once you have accessed School Engage, please select the 2022-2022 K-12 Registration Form, fill everything out, and submit the form. If you require assistance with filling out the form, please contact your school.
For tips on completing your registration form, please see the Tips for Completing Your Student Registration page.
Please note that if you require Out of School Care or Transportation for your child, registration for those services will not open until closer to the start of the new school year.
Your child’s proof of age and legal name and proof of your address are required to register your child in Kindergarten.
For proof of age and legal name, we require a birth certificate, passport or citizenship document. If you do not have a birth certificate and your child was born in Alberta, you can download a form HERE, fill it out and take it to the local registries office to order one.
You must provide an Alberta address to register for school and that address must be located within the boundaries served by the school you are attending. If you do not have an Alberta mailing address, you may be asked to provide a utility bill, rental agreement or other similar document as proof that you reside in Alberta.
If we do not receive this documentation, we may not receive funding from Alberta Education for your child. The online registration form will allow you to upload a picture or scan of your child's birth certificate, passport or citizenship documentation. If you experience difficulty in uploading the documentation, please bring it into your school and our administrative assistants will be happy to scan it and add it to your registration information.