UPDATE: The Community Engagement session originally scheduled for Wednesday, February 6 at Cold Lake High School has been rescheduled to Thursday, March 14 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. due to the cold weather.
It's time to set new priorities for Northern Lights Public Schools to focus on over the next three years!
Over the next two months, NLPS will be holding community engagement meetings to collect input from parents and community stakeholders on what priorities the division should include in its next Three-Year Education Plan.
Everyone is invited to attend one of the sessions and provide their feedback. If you are unable to attend the session being held in your community, you are welcome to attend any of the other sessions being held throughout the division.
- Cold Lake - Wednesday, February 6 - Cold Lake High School - 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Caslan and Buffalo Lake Métis Settlement - Wednesday, February 20 - Caslan School - 1-3:15 p.m.
- Glendon - Tuesday, February 26 - Glendon School - 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Lac La Biche - Wednesday, February 27 - J.A. Williams High School - 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Ardmore and Iron River - Wednesday, March 6 - Ardmore School - 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Kikino Métis Settlement - Thursday, March 7 - Kikino School - 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Plamondon and Wandering River - Thursday, March 7 - Ecole Plamondon School - 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Bonnyville - Tuesday, March 12 - Bonnyville and District Centennial Centre - 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Cold Lake - Thursday, March 14 - Cold Lake High School - 6:30-8:30 p.m.
The input collected at the community engagement meetings will be used to help the Board determine what division priorities to include in its next Three-Year Education Plan. The current division priorities are improving literacy and numeracy competencies; improving communication, engagement and partnerships; and improving health and wellness. These were developed through extensive consultations done with stakeholders in 2014-2015.
For more information about our Three-Year Education Plan and our current priorities, please check out the Accountability section of our website.