Northern Lights Public Schools will be hosting a Parent Meeting on Tuesday, June 18 to discuss the future reconfiguration of its schools in Cold Lake. The meeting will take place at 6:30 p.m. at Cold Lake High School.
Northern Lights Public Schools currently has seven schools in Cold Lake:
- Art Smith Aviation Academy (Kindergarten to Grade 8)
- Cold Lake Elementary School (Preschool to Grade 4)
- Cold Lake Middle School (Grades 4-8)
- Cold Lake High School (Grades 9-12)
- Cold Lake Outreach School (Grades 9-12)
- Nelson Heights Middle School (Grades 5-8)
- North Star Elementary School (Preschool to Grade 3)
It is anticipated that over the next few years, some of these schools will reach or exceed capacity. As a result, the grade configurations at some or all of the schools may need to be changed.
Northern Lights values input from parents and is committed to sharing information and consulting with parents as we determine how best to meet the needs of our students and community.
At the reconfiguration meeting, we will share some of the factors that are affecting this situation, including our current enrollment numbers and our projections for the future. We will also discuss the process will unfold over the next couple of years. We hope that you will join us to learn about what is happening and the ways we can explore potential solutions together.Posted on