NLPS and Successful Families, Successful Kids have created a series of Wellness Journals that parents and students can print and use.
They are designed to help you reflect and focus on what you are feeling. You can do them all or pick and choose the ones you think will help you the most.
Please note these Wellness Journals are being made available for personal use by students, parents and staff of Northern Lights Public Schools. They cannot be reproduced, distributed or transmitted in any form without permission from NLPS.
Mindful Writing Tips
Remind yourself to listen to your body and heart.
Practise gratitude, honour your journey, and know that you are exactly where you are supposed to be.
Use this journal to become more aware of your thinking and feeling patterns.
Allow the writing process to help you understand the relationship you have with yourself as well as others.
Stay rooted in the moment, don't allow distractions to take over.
Make intentions for the day, week, month and let go of what is not meant to be.
Breathe, visualize and be present.
Wellness Journal - Level 4 - Grades 10-12
Click on the links to download and/or print the prompts:
- What can you teach other people?
- Describe a time someone said or did something kind for you.
- List 3 things you can do to show kindness to others.
- What is your superpower?
- When are you at your best?
- Practice a quick grounding exercise. List something that you can hear, see, taste, feel and touch.
- Make a list of 10 things that make you smile.
- You can't always scream in public, but you can definitely yell in here. WRITE IT HUGE.
- Using 10 kind words, describe yourself.
- How do you show that you love someone? What do you need to feel love in return?
- How would your best friend describe you to someone?
- What or who challenges you to be a better person?
- What characteristics do you look for in a good friend? Do you have those characteristics?
- Describe your best day ever. Where would you be? What would you be doing? Are you spending the day with anyone else?
- List 4 things that you are looking forward to. One tomorrow, one this week, month and year.
- List 3 things you are grateful for.
- List 5 random acts of kindness that you could do at home, at school or in the community.
- My favourite way to spend the day is...
- School is not always easy. Name 5 things you have found to help with your self-care. Challenge yourself to do one thing a day for self-care!
- Write about and/or draw your happy place.
- Write about a funny experience you have had.
- I feel most energized when...
- What would you do with a million dollars?
- List 3 interesting things about yourself.
- What do you need to forgive yourself for?
- Fill up the jar with compliments.
- Let's talk about feelings. List 5 feelings you have felt this week. Did they feel positive or negative? Were any of those feelings a trigger for you?
- Make a list of healthy snacks and meals you will challenge yourself to eat this week.
- What are your favourite foods? Favourite drinks? Do you have any memories that come to mind when you think of these items?
- Name 3 unhealthy ways you have dealt with difficult emotions.
- Write the words you need to hear right now.
- What's one topic you need to learn more about to help you live a more fulfilling life?
- When I am in pain, physically or emotionally, the kindest thing I can do for myself is...
- Write about something you need to let go of. Now, rip this paper!
- Design a busines card for the coolest job ever.
- What does your dream house look like?
- What 3 wishes would you like to be granted?
- Pick someone famous that you would like to spend the day with. What are you going to do together?
- You are on a deserted island. You can only pick one person, one food item, and one object to have with you. What do you pick?
- List 5 things you wish you could do if you weren't afraid. What is holding you back? What could you say to yourself to overcome these fears?
- What is something you have done that you never expected you would do?
- 5 years from now, I will be..