Northern Lights Public Schools is located in the heart of Alberta’s Lakeland region, which offers residents a multitude of outdoor recreation opportunities and stunning displays of the Aurora Borealis. The division is focused on ensuring all students have the opportunity to succeed and has designated numeracy and student mental health and wellness as division priorities.
Northern Lights Public Schools invites applications for the following position:
C2122-39 - Grade 9 Science Teacher - Cold Lake High School
This is a temporary part-time (0.50 FTE) position commencing February 1, 2022 for Semester 2, and for the remainder of the 2021-2022 school year. Cold Lake High School is located in the City of Cold Lake with approximately 700 students in grades 9-12. Cold Lake High School is innovative, collaborative and passionate in the delivery of high quality education to every student. The school is seeking a dedicated and caring teacher to teach Grade 9 Science in the afternoons, and who will work collaboratively with the school community to create a welcoming and engaging learning environment where all students learn and excel.
Reporting directly to the principal, the successful candidate will:
- Ensure effective planning, instructions and assessment for students
- Develop and nurture a positive, supportive and inclusive classroom environment
- Create the classroom conditions for students to achieve the outcomes as outlined in the Alberta Curriculum
- Interact positively and effectively with a diverse student and parent population
- Work collaboratively as a member of a professional learning community
- Nurture strong relationships with students, staff, parents and the school community
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Possess a valid Alberta Teaching Certificate
- Previous experience teaching the assigned courses/subjects is an asset
- The ability to achieve Alberta Education’s Teaching Quality Standards
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to lifelong learning and professional improvement
Northern Lights Public Schools supports new teachers with in-school mentors, common professional development, and networking with colleagues.
Interested applicants can apply via Apply to Education as per the instructions on the Northern Light Public Schools Website. Check your Job Application Log to confirm that you have successfully applied.
Northern Lights Public Schools thanks you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tel: 780-623-4414 ● Fax: 780-623-4041 ● Address: Box 870, Lac La Biche, AB T0A 2C0
Web: nlpsab.ca ● Social Media: nlpsab